Monday, February 18, 2013

Stop Posting on my Wall!

Sharpened Poetry

IT'S NOT COOL TO DO DRUGS
a message on pencils distributed
immediately confiscated at my
nephew's high school when
irreverently sharpened to
COOL TO DO DRUGS
to the more pointed
DO DRUGS
a new
form
of
!




Happ-eBirthday

Re
ading
email is
the new cake.
Party hats are over.
Celebrations tweet. Instead
of blowing out candles I delete
Auto-Notified birthday greets posting
at a speed of 25 Happys-per-Hour. A traffic
jam of cheer clogs my screen. No ice cream. What is
the new etiquette? Where is the ribbon? I answer a thread.
My gift is guilt about your email unread. No time for champagne.
No sex in bed. Instead of happy birthday, we now have online dread.


1 comment:

  1. Ebullient THANKS dear Haikooligan for letting me intrude on this site. I am grateful for the honor!

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?