Monday, May 6, 2013

Thick Spring Air

Upon Julia's Nose
with apologies to Robert Herrick
When in the spring my Julia goes,
Then, then, methinks, how sweetly flows
That liquefaction of her nose.

The poor girl's got such allergies,
Her eyes all red and watery.
O how her sneezing shaketh me.


The Lamb
with apologies to William Blake
Little Lamb, who made you?
Do you know who made you?
Broiled you to a golden turn,
Watched you so you didn't burn?
Broiled your center rosy pink,
Chose a good Syrah to drink?
Raised a glass to mourn your loss,
Then served you with a nice mint sauce?
Little Lamb, who made you?
Do you know who made you?

Little lamb, I'll tell you.
She's the partner of my life,
She's my lovely, clever wife.
Oh, her cookery's a dream!
Leg of lamb and spuds with cream
Or a fine basmati rice
Rich with cumin and allspice.
Dinner's ready in a trice
And you won't have to call me twice.
Leg of lamb is very nice,
Yes, leg of lamb is very nice.

(both) by Steve Klepetar
in volume 2 issue 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?