Monday, February 8, 2016

Cover your Feet

He Wishes for Nike Runners
with apologies to William Butler Yeats
Had I a pair of Nike Air Max runners,
incorporating tonal mesh and blue satin tongue,
the prince of all looped lace-eyelet runners,
beloved by the young, the old, and the half-young,
I would leave them showily under your feet.
But I, being poor, have only secondhand Asics.
I have left my Asics under your seat.
Sniff lightly or you'll smell my Asics.


by Peter Goulding

-------

My Laundry Mystery
with apologies to Langston Hughes
What happens to a sock unpaired?

   Does it swim like a fish
   in the drain pipe
   looking for another mate
   of a different type?
   Or footless feels its job is done.
   But without a foot
   can a sock just run?

   Maybe it unravels to yarn
   returning to the sheep with whom it dwelt?

   Or does it simply melt?

by Paula Mahon
in volume 4 issue 2

Buy a Copy

Return to the Online TOC

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?