Monday, March 14, 2016

Like the flowers every spring...




Still I Reappear
with apologies to Maya Angelou
You may write me down in history
With your new love affair,
You may shrug me off
But, still like love, I reappear.

Do our memories upset you?
Why are you plagued with denial?
'Cause I linger in your dreams
As if we are still together.

Just like kisses and touches,
Given by one's great love,
Just like forbidden thoughts,
Still I'll reappear.

Did you want to see me cry?
Heartbroken and sleepless?
My spirit walking like a zombie.
Drained by craving feelings.

Does my foxiness offend you?
Don't you worry a tad bit,
'Cause I am that fantasy,
You so much want to bed.

You may belittle me with your attitude,
You may erase me with your silence,
You may deny us with your vows,
But still, like love, I'll reappear.

Does my body tempt you?
Does it worry you
That it's me you are touching
In your rendezvous bed?

Bearing the female skills that I was gifted,
I am your woman, a virgin, and a harlot.
I reappear
I reappear
I reappear.

by Gloria D. Gonsalves
in volume 4 issue 2

Buy a Copy

Return to the Online TOC

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?