Monday, January 16, 2017

Getting Along



The Enemy of my Enemy

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
The friend of my enemy is still going to be my enemy.
The friend of the friend of my enemy is pretty much also my enemy.
The friend of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, I think.
The enemy of the enemy of my enemy gets us right back to that enemy thing.
The enemy of my enemy's enemy's enemy is all right by me.
The girlfriend of my enemy is Melinda.
Even the anemone of my enemy is my enemy.
The anemone of my friend is like a sea cucumber to me.
The enemy of my friend is my enemy, but I don't get so worked up about it.
The enemy of the enemy of my friend should not be confused with the enemy of my enemy, but they're both friends. One of them wears glasses and drives a Prius, but I can't remember which one.
The friend of my friend is okay I guess. They seem to spend a lot of time together. Frankly, I don't get what my friend sees in him. He spits when he talks, he laughs at his own jokes, and he has B.O.
The friend of my friend's friend is actually a pretty good guy. It turns out that we play in the same beer-league.
The friend of my enemy's enemy isn't exactly a friend, but I've talked to him like a million times without ever knowing his name.
The frond of my friend is not my fern, but he expects me to water it every Tuesday? Why didn't he ask his other so-called friend?
The arch-enemy of my team is the Heat of Miami
So, to my envy, my friend asks his other friend to the skybox of his company.
This, after I watched his dog over a long weekend.
So, if the enemy of my enemy is my friend
And the friend of my friend is my enemy
Then the enemy of the friend of my friend is my friend
And if the friend of my friend is the enemy of my enemy, then maybe my enemy is not such a bad guy.
My empathy for my enemy is the end of my enmity.
My antipathy for my enemy was really myopia.

by Stephen Starr
in volume 5 issue2

psssssssssst.... update your bookmarks to https://www.parodypoetry.com

3 comments:

  1. I loved this - it cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Stephen,may I be your 'friend' or your enemy's enemy or...tell you what...you choose; it's safer. xxx

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?